Having a piece of old wood furniture can be pleasant and a nuisance at the same time. It’s pleasant because of the unique vibe it’s embedded in, but a nuisance when coming to clean it. Because we should avoid chemical cleaners and learn how to clean old wood furniture naturally instead.
Yes, that’s right it would be best not to use a store-bought cleaning solution to clean your old wood furniture. The reason is that it contains chemicals that can harm the furniture coat. Because when the coat gets damaged, your furniture will easily swell, crack, and even attract insects.
Old Wood Furniture Homemade Natural Cleaning Solution
Knowing how to clean old wood furniture naturally is the best solution. Because you can clean and prolong its durability at the same time. Then, to clean the furniture it is best to use a natural solution.
Moreover, you don’t have to look far to make the solution, because most households have these materials in their kitchen. Here’s the solution option that you can make:
- To make a solution without lemon juice, you have to mix 250ml water, 250ml vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a spray bottle or a bowl.
- Lemon juice solution, then you have lemon juice, olive oil, and vinegar with 1:2:2 ratio.
- Only vinegar solution, you only need to mix 3 tablespoons of vinegar with a cup of water.
You can pick one of the solutions above and use it to clean the old wood furniture. But remember not to use only pure olive oil for the cleaning solution. Because it will attract dust instead of clean it.
Cleaning Old Wood Furniture in Step by Step
After making your own homemade solution, then it’s time to clean your old wood furniture. Here’s what you have to do to clean old wood furniture pieces that you have in your home:
- Dust the surface of the furniture until every nook and corner. You can do this with the usual duster or dry cloth or paper towel.
- Make sure to clean dried dirt that sticks onto the surface of the furniture. But when doing this, make sure not to use any sharp object, use cloth or paper towel instead.
- Spray natural solution that you make to the surface of the furniture, then wipe it with a microfiber cloth or paper towel. As an alternative, you can also dip the cloth or towel into the mixture and rub it on the furniture surface.
- Wipe away any excess of the mixture from the surface until the furniture is completely dry with a paper towel or dry cloth. Further, make sure to take a closer look at the nook and corner.
- If you wish to make your furniture looks shiny and polished, you can also
Although you have to know how to clean old wood furniture naturally, getting it is a prestige. Thus, if you need one, you can call us right away. Because we have plenty of old wood furniture that you can get for your home.